Guy's obviously don't have a big beautiful wedding bouquet like the bride... but they do get a boutonniere! Something special that can easily be saved long after your wedding day! Just follow the step below on how to preserve a boutonniere!
1. To preserve original color and shape purchase silica preserving spray. (Can be purchased at flower shops or craft stores)
2. Remove damaged and/or dead pieces.
3. Fill an air tight container with silica spray (make sure to completely cover the bottom of the container). Then place boutonniere in and cover with silica spray.
4. Put lid on, and let sit for minimum of 3 weeks.
5. After 3 weeks check to see if it is dry, if it is then remove left over silica and you are finished and can display it! (Be sure to display in a dry place)
6. If it is not yet dry, let sit for 3 more weeks and check again.
Note: If you do not wish to purchase silica spray, you can dry a boutonniere by hanging it upside down in a dry location for about one week. (Most often doing this changes the color significantly)